Old May 9th 09, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

Default A possible solution to the trolling problem on this news group

Doug wrote:
On 8 May, 17:11, Marc wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 8 May, 14:05, wrote:
On 8 May, 13:22, "Jackbike" me@somewhere wrote:

I, for one would like my cycling newsgroup back please. Count me
as interested.
Yea, it would be good to talk about bikes on a cycling newsgroup
for once!!

I don't want to be a wet blanket but my experience has been that
USENET, like the world at large, has become infested and dominated
by motorists who, now that they are under extreme pressure from the
environmental lobby, are having to try to justify their chosen mode
of transport. Part of their justification seems to be trying to
rubbish cleaner forms of transport such as cycling while embracing
polluting forms of transport such as flying.

My experience is that the only "motorists" that come here to justify
anything are here answering you. If you dissapeared so would they.

There is some truth in this because I am being stalked by some of the
motorist inmates of uk.transport, as you can see, but seemingly they
would haunt and try to silence me on any newsgroup. They just cannot
seem to understand that some people do not like the mass car culture
and are prepared openly to say so, despite their attempts at
censorship and intimidation.

But if you didn't post about cars and motoring those who you think are
stalking you would have nothing to post about would they?