Old May 9th 09, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

Default A possible solution to the trolling problem on this news group

On Sat, 09 May 2009 18:22:39 +0100, Roger Thorpe
wrote:

BrianW wrote:
On 8 May, 12:52, Rudi wrote:
Hi! (and sorry for the long post)

The main reason this group has been wrecked is the same reason
uk.transport got wrecked. The reason's name is Doug Bollen.

As I see it, Doug is a new problem. This group has been in decline since
judith came over a year ago.
The problems I see are Judith, Nuxx, a propensity to have long,
infuriating and pointless discussions about helmets and now a lack of
friendly off-topic banter. Have a look at uk.rec.motorcycles, they seem
to be having a great old time and so could we.
Roger Thorpe

And how do you think statements like "The problems I see are
Judith,Nuxx..." contribute to the situation?

What about some of Chapman's recent comments:

Thaksin does
not have one, he is a painfully obvious troll.

And as we know judith is applying misdirection.

But yes, actually Duhg is less dangerous, (note "Dugh")

The faux politeness, wilful obtuseness and posting style were too
reminiscent of nully for my taste.

but she is a troll so is not actually
interested in informed debate, only provoking an argument.

I think it's Fat Angie and one admin assiatant.

It's not a surprise to see judith jumping on yet another elderly
bandwagon heading in the wrong direction :-)

They may be acceptable to you - but they are not to me.

--

"Primary position" the middle of a traffic lane. To take the "primary position" : to ride a bike in the middle of the lane in order to obstruct other road vehicles from overtaking.

A term invented by and used by psycholists and not recognised in the Highway Code.

Highway Code Rule 168 : "Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass."