Old September 14th 05, 01:28 AM
C Wright

Default Madone 5.2 SL

I am considering the purchase of a stock Madone 5.2SL. The only other
carbon bike I've tested is a VERY expensive Scott. They rode very
differently and I prefer the Trek. Two questions. First, can any of you
folks recommend other carbon frames that I should consider? Secondly, any
thoughts good/ bad or personal experience with the Madone. I currrently
ride a custom steel frame. I was amazed at the comfort of the ride compared
to my old steel bike.

You may want to check out the Madone 5.5. It is in basically the same price
range as the 5.2SL and the Shimano components are mostly all
Dura-Ace. The 5.5 is not yet listed on Trek's web site but dealers have it
or can get it. The 5.2 may be the better bike for _you_ I am just
suggesting that you look at the 5.5 in the event that you did not know that
it existed.
Chuck