Old September 4th 11, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Default Yet more pavement cycling

On 04/09/2011 06:49, Peter Keller wrote:

JNugent wrote:
Peter Keller wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/455noac

Perhaps they're just afraid of the traffic, or it could be that they
couldn't care less about pedestrians,

Both.

which I find strange. In my experience bicycling on the footpath is
much more dangerous also for the bicyclist than bicycling on the road.

But that's not the issue, is it?
It doesn't matter how "dangerous" it is for cyclists on the carriageway,
it's still a selfish offence to cycle along the footway or through a
pedestrian area.
The answer to cyclist perception of "danger" is either to use a
different route or to not cycle at all on that journey.

I do use a different route.
I bike on the road.

That means that you don't have this overwhelming perception of imagined
"danger", such as is attributed to selfish footway users as cited by people
like Doug.

And if *you* can see the imaginary "dangers" for what they are...