Old September 4th 11, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Yet more pavement cycling

On 04/09/2011 07:51, Doug wrote:
On Saturday, September 3, 2011 12:39:20 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sep 3, 5:39 am, Peter wrote:
which I find strange. In my experience bicycling on the footpath is much
more dangerous also for the bicyclist than bicycling on the road.

Same here - even if it was legal to do so, I'd never cycle on the
pavement as it is too slow and there are too many give way points.

Agreed but surely some people cycle on the pavements because they consider the roads and its drivers too dangerous

That would be because they are using a child's toy as a form of
transport - it isn't viable. A silly Victorian diversion.

and therefore are prepared to put up with the many inconveniences of
pavement cycling?

Those 'inconveniences' are called pedestrians.

Personally I disagree with them because pavement motoring also
represents a danger to cyclists.

Because of their vulnerability cyclists have to make difficult choices

in an inequitable situation where drivers can kill them but they can't
kill drivers.

Which confirms that push bikes are not a viable form of transport.

University