Old September 16th 05, 02:52 AM
Bill C

Default Brutal breach of rider's rights!

benjo maso wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...
If Pounds accusations are true, how the hell can anyone do business
with the UCI? As far as I can tell, if true, this violates just about
every team and rider agreement. This makes the UCI look worse than
Nixon and Bush IMO if true.
If it's true they need to go on stike right now, go to the press, hold
up worlds, and not finish the Vuelta unless Heinie resigns RFN!
Everyone always thought he was a lying, double-dealing, backstabbing
POS. If Pound's accusations are true we now KNOW what his word, written
rules and contracts mean. Not a ****ing thing. Can't do business with
someone like that!

The accusation of Pound is preposterous and it's almost impossible it's
true. All the interest of Verbruggen en the UCI is protecting Armstrong as
much as possible. If it is proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he using
illicit products all the time, it will be an enourmous blow for the UCI. I
heard that Armstrong has paid an enormous sum to the UCI. If it's true, it's
a lot of money spoilt. They would have protected him free. And by the way, I
think Verbruggen has done an excellent job al those years and I'm not the
only one. After all, it is not because of his charming smile that they
offered him to become director of the Tour de France. Verbruggen was
particularly good in pretending to plead for harsh measures against doping
users and doing everything to render the the task of doping hunters as
difficult as possible. Of course he was and is an tremendous hypocrite, but
unfortunately that's the only way to maintain yourself in present day
cycling, as Armstrong is showing as well.

Benjo

I sincerely hope that Giorgio Squinzi takes up this battle since it's
become obvious that there was no fair playing field, money talked,
personal grudges decided the day, and a man who wanted to do what's
right for cycling and really cares about the sport got dragged through
the mud!
I think the sport is ripe for a revolution it just needs a popular,
respected leader, and I think he could be it.
Bill C