Old November 30th 04, 02:35 PM
amh

(Maggie) wrote in message . com...
I have such a short commute to work that riding my bike would be a
piece of cake. No traffic to speak of...and not a long distance....yet
the thought of biking to work and then having to change clothes at the
office is keeping me from attempting it.

What is it with America's obession with showering and sweat? Maybe I
don't sweat as much as the average person. I find that over the summer
I'll really get sweaty a few times. On those days I get up early and
arrive at work 15 minutes early. I will go to the bathroom change and
slather powder on. My job doesn't require a suit and tie, but neat
clothing.

I have a simple rule if I arrive at work wet I don't ride. That
includes sweat and rain.

From September to May sweat isn't an issue. I have a 20 minute commute
which I realize is on the short side. Dealing with a small amount of
sweat is better than dealing with traffic and alternate side of the
street parking when I return home.

Start off by riding once or twice a week. If you like it you'll
continue. The day before bring a jacket or tie and nice shoes. This
way changing is minimal.

Enjoy the ride.

Andy