Old November 30th 04, 02:42 PM
maxo

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 03:16:21 -0800, Maggie wrote:

I have such a short commute to work that riding my bike would be a
piece of cake. No traffic to speak of...and not a long distance....yet
the thought of biking to work and then having to change clothes at the
office is keeping me from attempting it.

If economics allow it for you, and you tend to wear pants and not skirts,
then getting a commute bike with fenders and a chain guard would allow you
to ride in business attire with perhaps a change of shoes.

If you don't want to sweat, just don't pedal too hard

Millions of Dutch do it every day, so can you.

I used to ride to work and shop every day on a bike similar to one of the
Breezer Bikes when in Chicago. My usual outfit was Levis, leather vest,
and black boots--rather rock n' roll and sweaty you'd think--but if you
put yourself into cruise, rather than exercise mode, you arrive
refreshed, but not pre-moistened. FWIW, black Blundstone boots from
Australia look great shined with business attire, fit easily into
toeclips, and are totally weatherproof.

http://www.breezerbikes.com/