Old February 24th 05, 01:09 PM
Michael Murray

"Paul Rose" wrote in message ...
"wheeler" wrote in message
R.D wrote:
Hi
I have stored my two in the freezer (all parts) over the last year.
Have had no problems at all. This method sure beats all that drying
out of the system.

Seconded! I just rinse the whole lot out then stuff it in the freezer

until
next use, no problems for several years. Is it a 'Camelbak' though? I have
heard some suggestion that other makes using different materials might be
more prone to freezer damage - but no evidence...

Mine is the 2005 Camalbak Mule so it should it be alright in the freezer.

Paul,
I also have the Mule (2003/4?) and love it. Well designed, and perfect
size for cycling.

Just for clarity - my wife insists on putting food in the freezer! -
being recently married, I still find some of her habits quite odd. (No
mountain bike cleaning in the bath?)

Storing Reservoir in the airing cupboard - I give it a good rinse,
Fill the reservoir, put the cap on, and 'flush' the tubing by
squeezing the bladder. Have never had a problem with nasties.

ymmv,
m.