Old February 26th 07, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Default Swindon takes on Warrington

Rob Morley wrote on 26/02/2007 09:40 +0100:

// A spokesman for the council said: "To prevent any confusion the
cycle lane should always be the one closest to the hedge." //

I suppose that's good for keeping bikes out of the car door zone, but
what about the house door zone (I'm thinking more of pedestrians
than doors)? And surely it's against normal practice to have the
cycle lane on that side?

To say nothing of the cars coming out of drives hidden by the hedge zone.

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy