Old August 7th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Default Vuelta

On Aug 7, 9:19*am, Davey Crockett wrote:
Andre a écrit profondement:

| Last year TVE televised one hour of the stages. Their schedule was
| very unpredictable. It would start between 11.30 a.m and 12.30 p.m.
| They did however omit certain stages towards the middle of La Vuelta.
| All in all it was okay. They showed the ITT stage where Devolder got
| la camisa de oro; and they showed how Menchov got it back. The great
| battles between the Spanish riders and the Russian were also
| interesting.
|
| * * *Andre

I checked the TVE site but when I checked some days ago there was no
indcation of whether they would carry the Vuelta or not

In any instance I'm thinking of unsubscribing from the net at the end
of the month.

Too many weird things are happening which isn't bad when I'm home to
either fix them or work around them, but I spend so much time away on
the road accessing my system via Telnet or SSH.

It's just become too much of a drag and I can use the Médiathèque for
free and was planning a long trip and net disconnection early next
year anyway
.
[EG. There are two power supplies, one to the modem/router and the
other to the tv decoder. So I lose my telephone capability. The ISP
says to try switching the power supplies. I do that and get my
telephone back, but the power supply which was powering the
modem/router perfectly (except for loss of phone use) will not even
illuminate the tv decoder. I switch them back and forth a few times -
same results. I disconnect my laptop then the desktop/server - no
joy. I try various permutations of wifi and RJ-45 between the various
boxes - no joy. I use a VOM to check the two supplies for volts and
resistance and find them to be virtually identical - My ISP has
offered no solution for close to a week now but exhorts against
employing third party equipment as a replacement for anything they
supply and in any case amongst the plethora of power supplies I have,
none will put out the required voltage.]

--
Davey Crockett *

Davey,
Don't go by their schedule because last year there were many days
where they didn't announce the program but they showed the race
anyway.

Andre