Old March 27th 12, 03:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default ANOTHER Mountain Biker Dies!

On Mar 26, 11:57*pm, Thomas Heger wrote:
Am 27.03.2012 07:29, schrieb Mike Vandeman: Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.scene.co.nz/tourist-dies-...ing-mountain-b...

Tourist dies minutes after starting mountain bike ride

People die for various reasons. If young people die without obvious
cause, it should be suspicious, but in sports there is always a risk.

Mountain-biking isn't particularly risky,

BS. See http://mjvande.nfshost.com/mtb_dangerous.htm. 267 serious
injuries & deaths, just in the last 3 years. I know mountain bikers
would like this swept under the rug. They never want to talk about it
honestly. Mountain bikig is INHERENTLY dangerous, because nature is
unpredictable.

but you can hurt yourself very
seriously or even die. That's possibly. Only it is not THAT likely.

So I fail to understand the reason you mentioned it and the reasons, why
you have started several threads about this subject.

TH