Old July 22nd 04, 09:52 AM
Tom Nicholson

Default What a cool way to fix a puncture!

"hippy" wrote in message ...
http://www.bluecollarmtb.com/how_to/fix_flat.htm

Sorry hippy this just doesn't work. Its a real urban bike myth.

Perhaps it did on nice big puffy balloon tyres in the 1920's that only
needed 20psi to stay on or so, but its damn near impossible to stuff a
normal tyre so that it will stay on the rim. Trust me I've tried.

I stuffed and I stuffed and I still buggered the tyre...

I even stuffed, rode to compress, then stuffed, rode to compress, ect
on and on... No joy.

Failsafe way if you really _must_ ride home is take the bloody thing
off and roll on the rim.. Ruins the rim and is almost as useless as
the grass stuffing ********.

Tom