Old May 10th 14, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default It's happening! Um... sort of.

Some infrastructure fans have bragged about the fact that "It's happening!" -
that is, that the big investments in bike lanes, cycle tracks, bike boxes and
such have created a surge in bike commuting.

I'm all in favor of bike commuting and utility cycling. But I've long been
aware that the supposed surge has been comparatively minor.

This headline seems to confirm that. "Bicycle Commuting Rates Rocket From
0.5 Percent to 0.6 Percent in Only 32 Years."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...t_popular.html

- Frank Krygowski