Old December 11th 17, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default This man is facing jail for badly injuring a couple by cyclinginto them in Whitley Bay

On 11/12/2017 21:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...allon-14024361

Let us all hope that Justice is served.
Just take a look at the photo of this thug. Typical empty headed,
unemployable, **** poor tosser on a kids toy.
Oh, just take a look where he lives, a stinking council estate. No surprise
there.

It's a GBH charge rather than an Alliston, so he did it deliberately.

QUOTE:
Judge Stephen Earl told him: “Mr Gallon I’m not going to mislead you in
any way, shape or form.
“Clearly these are very serious matters, clearly you are facing a
custodial sentence of some length.
“You need to put your affairs in order. On that day you need to be
prepared to go to custody.”
ENDQUOTE

So why give him bail? Surely he could have been remanded in custody with
the remand time counting towards his sentence?

Don't tell me this was so that he would be out for Christmas and New Year?