Old November 20th 11, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default They are whingeing about petrol prices again!

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 02:30:56 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Nov 20, 9:48 am, Tony Dragon wrote:

Of course that is the undoubted benefit of higher fuel prices so
the higher the better. Lets get all those frivolous drivers off
our roads so that serious road users can benefit. I bet the
resulting lack of congestion would save on fuel costs in the end.

Doug.

Yes, the higher the better, we all know that only motorists use
fuel.

Those lorries, buses, trains, ambulances, hospitals, etc do not use
fuel at all, they are powered by Pixie Dust that falls out of the
skies in cloud cockoo land.- Hide quoted text -

In years to come when all of the oil has run out, those vehicles will
be powered by biofuels made from palm oil, maize, wheat, sugar cane
and all sorts of other renewable resources. We are in a transitional
period when we are having to learn to be weaned off fossil fuels and
into cleaner forms of energy which will benefit us all.

I sort of wonder if there is potential to grow these oil crops in
third world countries. It's about time they got a look in.

Guy

25 per cent of native nigerians make their living through the theft of fuel.