Old August 2nd 13, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default cyclist holding up traffic

On 02/08/2013 13:10, Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 10:49:28 +0100
(Roger Merriman) wrote:

Mrcheerful wrote:

snips

Even if my shopping was entirely strong spirits, no-one has yet
explained how it would be viable for me to collect it using a
bicycle.

fairly sure folks have pointed out options, this said if we're
getting a weekly shop we either get a delivery or drive to the local
supermarket, normal bikes are fine for bits a bobs, I do pick up
catfood, and maybe a few other things, which fit fine in the bag.

doing a large weekly shop by bike does tend to require either a number
of trips or stuff like trailers and what not.

I used to do a main weekly shop for two people and various beasts on my
trusty Holdsworth tourer - big panniers on the back, small panniers on
the front, light bulky stuff on the rear rack and maybe something in the
bar bag too. So luggage as for a serious camping tour, except the tins
and bottles made it heavier, but no problem getting it home including a
steep hill (89m in 2km apparently).

Well, one has to admit that that is dedication.