Old July 4th 19, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclist riding on a promenade gets her come-uppance

On 03/07/2019 17:44, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 5:37:25 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
On 03/07/2019 17:12, JNugent wrote:
On 03/07/2019 15:58, Modesty wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/02/cycli...rank-10104973/

What 'come-uppance' did this 63 year old lady deserve? Promenades
often have cycle lanes.

It might be easier to feel increased outrage on her behalf if one knew
whether or not cycling is allowed on that particular promenade.

I remember that the promenade from Seacombe to New Brighton (old Borough
of Wallasey, Cheshire, as was) was off limits to all vehicles, including
bicycles. This was mystifyingly so even though the carriageway was and
presumably still is about thirty feet wide with wide footways on each
side. We were never prosecuted for cycling the only route we knew from
the Seacombe Ferry to New Brighton, but we felt the lash of the
collective tongue of the Cheshire Constabulary on more than one occasion.

Mind you, we were only kids.

There is 'No Cycling' writ large upon the ground.

Where?

Below your tyres?

It should really only be: "beneath your feet".