Old August 21st 19, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Name of screw that holds the rear brake cable

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 3:25:34 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 9:28:56 AM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/JT76Qog

That is a standard "Internal Wrenching Bolt"

This made me laugh. It says so much with so few words. It even hints at an explanation (not to say excuse) for your politics.

A perhaps more widely understood technical term would be "M6 x 1.0 x 12 socket head cap screw".

Chalo - no one knows the size of these things if they're asking about it. It is a STANDARD type of screw that can be bought in any fully equipped Ace Hardware Store anywhere in the US.

By the way - It is NOT a "cap screw". It is as I said, and Internal Wrenching Bolt. Now they are often mislabeled and you'd find a Cap Screw in the wrong bin.

Really? IIRC, at my Ace they're called socket head cap screws. And my Ace has a mind-boggling amount of fasteners, including SS metric socket head cap screws for my bike -- button head and regular.

-- Jay Beattie.