Old August 21st 19, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Default Name of screw that holds the rear brake cable

jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 3:25:34 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 9:28:56 AM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/JT76Qog

That is a standard "Internal Wrenching Bolt"

This made me laugh. It says so much with so few words. It even hints
at an explanation (not to say excuse) for your politics.

A perhaps more widely understood technical term would be "M6 x 1.0 x 12
socket head cap screw".

Chalo - no one knows the size of these things if they're asking about
it. It is a STANDARD type of screw that can be bought in any fully
equipped Ace Hardware Store anywhere in the US.

By the way - It is NOT a "cap screw". It is as I said, and Internal
Wrenching Bolt. Now they are often mislabeled and you'd find a Cap Screw in the wrong bin.

Really? IIRC, at my Ace they're called socket head cap screws. And my
Ace has a mind-boggling amount of fasteners, including SS metric socket
head cap screws for my bike -- button head and regular.

-- Jay Beattie.

I did a Google search for Internal Wrenching Bolt and they are similar to
socket head cap screws, but higher strength, with an external taper on the
head. So while I’ve never heard the term before in my life, and certainly
have never heard it used in the context of bicycles, I’d say Tom is right.