Old September 19th 19, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Invitations

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 15:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

I must have been more important than I remember.

I've been getting invitations to things like Stanford University Alumni and Friends luncheon for science discussions.

I'm sure they would rather invite Zen but he turned them down I guess.

I've had invitations to several high technology committees and the like. The Presidents and VP's at the companies I worked at are generally chairing these things.

I suppose I would probably get some job offers from these things but all of the real stuff is moving further and further south of Silicon Valley - and 8 hour round trip commutes aren't exactly my choice for a life.

What would I rather do - do a 50 mile ride with 2800 feet of climbing at an average speed of 12.12 mph or commute for 6-8 hours a day?

But the question really is, "can you afford to buy groceries?"
--

Cheers,

John B.