Old September 20th 19, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Invitations

On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 1:24:36 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 3:18:22 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
I must have been more important than I remember.

I've been getting invitations to things like Stanford University Alumni and Friends luncheon for science discussions.

I'm sure they would rather invite Zen but he turned them down I guess.

I've had invitations to several high technology committees and the like. The Presidents and VP's at the companies I worked at are generally chairing these things.

I suppose I would probably get some job offers from these things but all of the real stuff is moving further and further south of Silicon Valley - and 8 hour round trip commutes aren't exactly my choice for a life.

What would I rather do - do a 50 mile ride with 2800 feet of climbing at an average speed of 12.12 mph or commute for 6-8 hours a day?

By the way, I got an offer today to become a company controller. This is the job that one of my cousins has and he has an extensive education in bookkeeping so I knew that it was most definitely not up my alley.

His brother just retired as Police Chief of Mountain View? Sunnyvale? One of those Silicon Valley dumps.

Jay and Frank don't seem to know what a large family is. Either than or they were disowned long ago. I could most definitely understand that with Frank. He says what he doesn't mean and we're all stupid if we believe him.....

What sort of dope would offer you a job as "company controller" with no accounting experience? Was this a Kool-Aid stand? I don't think you know the difference between a general ledger and Heath Ledger -- or a badger.

-- Jay Beattie.