Old July 24th 03, 03:21 PM
Rick Onanian

Default How many bikes do you have?

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:55:04 GMT, MisNomer wrote:

Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

1. Mountain bike -- Very gnarly off-road-only bike

2. Road bike -- Very aggressive pavement-only bike, also rather expensive
and aesthetically pleasing.

3. Backup road bike -- Comfortable, less agressive, old, not as light as
#2, rescued from trash on garbage day. Then I spent probably up to $80 in
parts on it...but it's a nice result for my money!

I'd like to rescue a good mountain bike, but so far they've all been a la
huffy, so I fix 'em and my friend ride them (or I give them away).

--
Rick Onanian