Old February 26th 04, 01:48 AM
Bubba@FL

Default Guns On Bikes???

OOOUCH! How does one get so paranoid? Not enough hugs as a child, maybe.
You see, Doug, those of us that do not suffer from from low self-esteem do
not feel the need to carry guns everywhere we go, nor do we need to try and
use elaborated words to make ourselves feel important. So please forgive me
for not being able to relate to your reasoning.
By the way, depauperate refers to a state of impoverishment. Therefore, your
statement is redundant. Do try better -
BUBBA

Doug Huffman wrote in message
Thanks BUBBA. I'll take care of myself while armed with a concealed

pistol
on my bike. You take care of yourself however you wish. Your opinions
are - hit the dictionary now - anile. I'm sure your opinions are

heartfelt
like all opinions are. The only value in opinion is from the investment

in
them and their expression. It appears that your investment is slim -
depauperate and intellectually impoverished.

I trust that this isn't the Pampering Baron of Florida.

"Bubba@FL" wrote in message
om...
| Why in the world would you need to carry a gun while riding a bike? If

it
is
| truly that bad where you ride, I'd suggest another route. I live in
Florida
| and also possess a CCW but would never consider carrying a gun on my

bike.
| While the laws vary from state to state as to where a gun may be carried
or
| how it may be transported, most agree on one thing. The use of "deadly
| force" MAY be allowed in a situation where there is absolutely no other
| option. This means if you are able to run away or otherwise avoid a
conflict
| you ARE NOT justified to use deadly force. Depending upon the state

you're
| in, these conditions may not apply if you are in your home. In Florida,
for
| example, a law known as the Castle Doctrine says you MAY have the right

| use deadly force, without withdrawling, within your home should you
believe
| yourself or your family is in iminant danger. Notice that I capitolized
the
| words MAY. This is because, should you shoot someone, whether or not you
| were justified to use deadly force will most likely be decided by a

jury.
| Anytime you use a gun, even if you just point it at someone, it becomes

| very serious situation and you will be held accountable for your

actions.
If