Old March 20th 04, 10:04 PM
trg

Default HELP Severe cramp in calves

Bill Z. wrote:
Mitch Haley writes:

Sometimes cramps are related to something simple, like dehydration.
It can't hurt to try drinking more and see if it helps.
Mitch.

An electrolyte imbalance can also hurt. If so, you might want to
add a "pinch of salt" to the fluids (unless using gatoraide or
similar drinks that provide it for you.)

Most common is simple dehydration. Then salt. In my case, that wasn't it.
Turns out I was low on magnesium. I chew a lot of Tums. High Calcium can
cause low magnesium. Certain meds can also effect the balance. Do you take
any meds or antacids?