Old July 10th 03, 08:05 AM
Hunrobe

Default Critical Mass Tunnel Freaks

"Robert J. Matter"

wrote in part:

Of course we don't expect it to gain legitimacy amongst the status quo car
culture (and car culture's cycling bootlickers) any more than the founding
fathers gained legitimacy with the Crown or the underground railroad gained
legitimacy with slaveholders. This is a revolution. A revolution is not a
bed of roses. A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and
the past.

---snip---

I don't think inconveniencing a few fat white little-dick
suburban republicans making a fashion statement in their single occupancy
behemoth SUVs does any harm to cycling. It's good character building for
cagers to experience the consequences of their decision to drive and endanger
the rest of society with their machines and pollution.

-Bob Matter

I've tried to address you civilly but first you call me a lazy ass and now
imply that I'm a bootlicker so you've lost the right to civility. You are an
idiot. Worse yet, you are a delusional idiot. All those positive things in
Chicago that you claim C-M was/is responsible for, from bike racks and bike
valet parking to the Bikes On CTA programs were accomplished, not because of
some lame C-M rides but because Mayor Daley likes cycling. Anyone with more
than two functioning brain cells that has any familiarity with Chicago politics
can vouch for that.
You may think you are manning the revolutionary barricades in a life and death
struggle. Luckily for you, there is no life and death struggle. If there were,
you'd be a greasy spot on the road courtesy of some evil SUV driver. That would
be a tragedy for you but it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to cycling
in the Chicago area because someone just like you would jump up to replace you.
That's one sure thing about fools. There's a virtually unlimited supply of
them.

Bob Hunt