Old July 10th 03, 10:16 PM
Zoot Katz

Default Critical Mass Tunnel Freaks

09 Jul 2003 04:19:24 GMT,
,
(Hunrobe) wrote:

Zoot Katz

wrote in part:

In the overall scheme, CM has little, if any, impact. It's not as bad
as others and the media make out.

There's too few drivers who are actually affected by the rides. The
impact CM has on rush hour is negligible. It's blown out of proportion
by the media and the participants own egos. It generates bad news only
when the police are involved. Usually it's ignored as a non-event.

Isn't this pretty much what I said back in message #
"?
Damn, we agree! g

yep. And I responded by asking how the different disruptions were
objectively quantified and compared.

I also suggested, without correction, that the focus of the media was
different regarding the demonstrations.

Without objectively derived results, the media's spin is the only "big
picture" some shmoo stuck in traffic is going to get. They could
easily ascribe responsibility to the demonstrations for every other
delay as well. Repeat it enough times and we believe it.
--
zk