Old July 10th 03, 10:16 PM
Zoot Katz

Default Critical Mass Tunnel Freaks

07 Jul 2003 21:17:26 GMT,
,
(Hunrobe) wrote:

Self powered people are all welcomed to join the rolling party that
then becomes a product of, and an implement for further, social
change. A political party pays lip service to social change while its
real interest lies in maintaing the status quo.
--
zk

In order to be an "implement for further social change" C-M will first have to
effect some initial social change, something that they have failed to do to
date. I don't have any real animus toward C-M. They just seem to me to be
totally ineffectual in improving conditions for cyclists.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

In ten years the movement spread xerocracy worldwide without an
advertising budget, embargo or bombing campaign.
That's different.

For the participants, who are largely cyclists, (~800 in Vancouver's
last mass) the conditions improve dramatically for about two hours
every month.

We make it so because there's enough of us that we can.

A society that tolerates daily traffic jams and gridlock, are never
going to be revolutionaries.
--
zk