Old August 5th 03, 12:45 AM
Preston Crawford

Default Considering a Road bike for commuting... good idea?

"Gazoo" wrote in message
. ca...
or a cyclocross bike?

Not a bad idea. I started without much funds so I bought an entry level road
bike. Then I had it fit and they had to add a funky high stem to adjust the
angle. Then I decided I wanted to add "suicide levers". Then I added a rack.
Before you know it I had more or less some weird hybrid of a cyclecross and
touring bike. I love it, though. It's right where I want to be so I won't
change it. But yeah, first time around if you have the money this would be a
good way to go. Thing with entry level road bikes is you can get one for
$599 or less and then work with it.

Preston