Old August 5th 03, 12:47 AM
Preston Crawford

Default Considering a Road bike for commuting... good idea?

"Slider2699" wrote in message
m...

"Preston Crawford" wrote in

message
I ride a road bike for commuting everyday and no, it isn't that harsh.

At
least in my opinion. I think the reason you don't see them as often is
because of that misconception.

Preston

Of course the stock answer here is to buy a touring bike. That being said,

also commute on a road bike(Schwinn Peloton) and it's not harsh at all.

Yeah, touring bike isn't a bad idea. Like I said in my other post, I went
the route I did because it was cheaper entry level. I ended up with
essentially the same thing, but it took longer to get there. Some tinkering
and experimenting. I love my bike, though.

Preston