Old August 5th 03, 02:04 AM
Rick Onanian

Default Considering a Road bike for commuting... good idea?

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 00:50:27 GMT, Werehatrack
wrote:
suspect that the fact that inexpensive mtbs are more widely available
than road bikes is the primary driving force behind those results. I
will note that the mtbs tended to be cheap more so than high-end, but
the road bikes included a fair number of good units.

Additionally, even when you go to an LBS, you can get a
rather nice MTB for $500, but you can only get a really
cheap, bottom-of-the-barrel road bike for that.

Why are road bikes so much more expensive? More precision
machining and workmanship, and exotic materials required?

it's also possible that I'm busy.

--
Rick Onanian