Old August 7th 03, 12:22 AM
Doug Purdy

Default CNN anchor pleads guilty to hit-and-run of cyclist in NY

"Tom Keats" wrote
if they do something like that, I'd
really rather they truly mean it. It would be really nice if
they come up with the idea themselves, and then follow up on it.
It would also be nice if Cafferty did his part in this /as well
as/, rather than part of, his community service.

I'd find "instead of " ok. I'd prefer his community service to be reviewed
by a panel of cyclists, say officers of bike clubs or LAB and they make
recommendations to the court that his punishment be reduced or increased.

If he worked really hard to get out of the $250 dollar fine he'd probably
convince himself and others.

Doug
Toronto