Old August 7th 03, 02:50 AM
Pete

Default CNN anchor pleads guilty to hit-and-run of cyclist in NY

"Rivermist" wrote in message
what a lame punishment

Years ago, I got in a motorcycle accident. I was JRA, and the idiot ran a
red light, hit me, and left the scene. Cops caught him a few blocks later.
He had no idea whether I was dead or alive as he drove off.

20 yr old person of non-US descent (gotta be PC), ran a red light, hit and
run, drunk, unregistered weapon in the car, no insurance.

He was allowed to plead guilty to reckless driving. Got a $400 fine,
probation, and had to go to drunk school.

Things haven't changed much

Pete