Old August 10th 03, 03:08 AM
Doctor Phibes

Default CNN anchor pleads guilty to hit-and-run of cyclist in NY

(Paul Southworth) wrote in message ...
In article ,
Doctor Phibes wrote:

The sad fact is society could care less. It's all about cars. I'd say
at least 50% of all ads are for automobiles. Automobilists kill quite
a few people each year due to gross neglegence. The penalty for
vehicular homicide is below manslaughter. It's a slap on the wrist.
It's as if the car did it not the driver.

...like an agressive dog. Would be nice if all cars
that ever bit anyone were immediately destroyed.

--Paul

lol that'll be the day, said john wayne
The laws have to be challenged is the real solution. In my state PIP
will only cover $8000, after that you're going up against the
insurance company who will try to make it seem like you "cut him off".
Or maybe they'll suggest you ran the car down from infront lol I think
there might be a way to force insurance companies to do serious
background checks on prospective clients. Do felons aquire guns very
easily? lol I'm willing to bet more people are killed by cars than
guns. i'm all for age restrictions on automobilists. Anyone under 21
should not be driving. I am also in favor of having foreignors who
fresh off the boat transfer their licence. That's got to stop. If they
can't speak or write english they shouldn't be driving. I don't care
if they're on vacation. Weed out the roads and they have to be safer.

I'm all for destroying bad bad cars...I suggest further they broadcast
the executions on court tv ;-)