Old July 16th 03, 04:41 AM
mark

Default Problems after long ride

risto.varanka wrote
On Sunday I did 200 km on my bike, which is much more than ever
before. I had some trouble with the groin area, and still after
two days, parts of my body feel numb, and seems every time I sit
on the saddle there is some nerve that gets pinched for a sore and
sorta burning feeling. Also I feel numbness in my fingers, weird
enough. My legs feel just fine, and most of my kick is back already.

Is this something I should be concerned of? Tomorrow I could go
for a time trial, but should I instead cease all riding for now? I
could skip my long weekend ride this week, nothing major coming up
for now...

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/hpv/hpv.html
varis at no spam please iki fi

I would definitely have a competent shop (or cycling coach) look at your
bike to ensure that it fits you properly. Adjustments to saddle height, fore
and aft position of saddle, saddle angle, stem height, and stem length(by
replacing the stem) can all be made to make you more comfortable on the
bike. These are all adjustments that are frequently made on an ongoing,
trial and error basis, so don't be afraid to experiment.
--
mark