Old July 16th 03, 01:45 PM
The Causey Way

Default For the safety of others, please keep off the highways

Holy crap, I was going to write that lady in hopes of talking sense, but
further reading of that article reveals a truly warped mind:

"Are these groups really into recreation and exercise, or are they being
mentally trained for the Sustainable Communities where bicycles will be a
way of life? Automobiles are not popular in Sustainable Communities. They
may never be totally outlawed as people would protest too much, but they can
price the middle class out of affording a vehicle. If there is no gasoline,
or it is so expensive you cannot afford it, what good is the car? Only the
rich and elite would own and drive cars in a Sustainable Community.

Smart Growth, which passed in Illinois last year, is the design for
Sustainable Communities. This is where everything we need is stacked
together, and we can ride our bicycles and walk for most of our needs and
use mass transit for any other needed travel."

Jesus, people, get off those bikes before you're all turned into horrible,
environmentally responsible zombies!

"Brent Hugh" wrote in message
om...
Some poor motorist who had to wait 5 seconds has posted her anti-bike
diatribe for your amusement.

Here is the link to the full article; below that is an excerpt:

http://illinoisleader.com/columnists...iew.asp?c=6972