Old July 16th 03, 04:28 PM
Peter Cole

Default For the safety of others, please keep off the highways

"Brent Hugh" wrote in message
om...
Some poor motorist who had to wait 5 seconds has posted her anti-bike
diatribe for your amusement.

Here is the link to the full article; below that is an excerpt:

http://illinoisleader.com/columnists...iew.asp?c=6972

Bicycles have been around for a long time and brought joy to many. If
used responsibly, a bicycle is a wonderful source of exercise and
recreation. But are we being prepared to be forced to use bicycles for
our major mode of transportation? Could it be this activity is
purposely being placed into an elitist status with no restrictions and
licensing in an effort to lure people into this mental mode?

I thought is was the typical, misinformed, logic-challenged, rant of an
indignant motorist until I got to the last paragraph, which I think reveals
pretty paranoid thoughts. Going to the original article, she raises the
specter of bicycles displacing (via conspiracy) automobile use by the
middle-class. Wacko! What kind of paper is that, anyway?