Old July 16th 03, 06:39 PM
Mark Weaver

Default For the safety of others, please keep off the highways

"Pat" wrote in message
-

That whole diatribe made me want to puke! I didn't see the writer's
credentials as part of the Concerned Women of America. It figures,

though.
The whole article was nothing but elitist drivel typical of the far-right.

Drivel, yes. But this woman is no part of any elite. She lives in
downstate Illinois and in a state of constant resentment of Chicago and
those 'rich, liberal, elite, snotty' urban types from northern Illinois who
(in her mind) add insult to injury by coming downstate on the weekends to
ride their bikes and get in the way.

What the? Don't Republicans ride bikes or is it only for us lower forms

of
life?

No, nobody out there in the corn fields rides bikes (Republicans or
Democrats if there are any)--except maybe the kids who happen to live in
town.

I love the detail that she was on her way to church when the inspiration for
this rant struck her.

In her possible defense, though -- the other slow moving vehicles down there
that tend to obstruct traffic are tractors and combines. And the farmers
driving those will go to some trouble to get as far to the side as possible
and even pull over and stop to let cars around. I would hope bicyclists
would be equally courteous. There's no reason to have a long line of
frustrated drivers stuck behind you when pulling over for a couple of
seconds would save everybody a lot of frustration.

Mark