Old January 21st 20, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default WOT (Way off topic)

On Tuesday, 21 January 2020 06:21:03 UTC-5, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 21.01.2020 um 12:08 schrieb :
On Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 11:30:26 AM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Can anyone here give me an English translation of the German word, "Vogelsang"?

Literally it is birdsong/bird singing. We need a context to let make sense.

I am aware of exactly two contexts of this word:

1) the German original of "Peat bog soldiers" uses it with the normal
meaning "bird song".

2) Several place names, including castles,
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogelsang,

Thanks Rolf