Old February 10th 20, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default How to suck all the joy from cycling

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 07:23:46 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 23:48:30 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 05:51:40 +0700, John B. wrote:

In a slightly humorous effort

Not humourous and typical "blame the victim" mentality.

to determine how badly separate bicycle paths are required by the
cycling public an announcement might be placed in local news agencies
that "New and safer bicycle paths will be built on Main Street. The
cost of which will be recovered by a tax made on each and every
bicycle owner that uses the facility."

No, the demand is from car owners who want to take the roadway for
themselves.

I suggest that under those conditions there will be very little "need"
for these facilities :-)

Especially if the real benefactorsa, the car owners are the ones who
pay.
That mob are worse than any drug addict.

I'm not sure where you are but I would guess that, probably, you live in
a democracy, in which case you must know that the majority get to
dictate to the minority, as has been the case since Athens, in the
second half of the 7th century BC.

Err, nope. a very select minority, of ll the population, actually voted
on what will happen.

So, democratically, cars, or perhaps more properly internal-combustion
powered vehicles, must have first priority to the roads.

Nope, one doesn't give jukies their craving else we'll all sink to the
lowest common denominator. The ony good thing about ICE is the greater
the number, the greter the ill health of the population. die off.