Old December 8th 03, 03:26 PM
james

Default Which side of a path?

"Jinx" wrote in message ...
Geoff Pearson wrote:
Is there any convention on which side of a path or track to ride on
when facing oncoming cyclists?

My wife dragged me around Bluewater the other day christmas shopping. ...I lurked out on the walkways and observed the flow of pedestrian
movements. It quickly became clear that most - but not all - pedestrians
choose to pass to the right. I assume this is to do with right handedness
being more prevalent. ...

I would imagine that this could also be to do with the convention that
pedestrians walk on the right hand side of a road with no pavement so
that they face (and see) oncoming traffic.

best wishes
james