Old August 4th 04, 04:09 PM
LMBenton

Default "Fuentes disputes positive" or How the USCF promotes doping...

wrote in message
ervers.com...
Rumors have surrounded this guy for a while now. I personally do not
know him, but have ended up on the podium with him several times and
honestly have no ill feelings toward him. I tended to chalk up the
rumors to guys that were a little jealous of his results. In my naivety,
I thought that "Local" guys just didn't dope.

The bigger question I have after reading this is: Why the F@#$ is he
being allowed to race after this positive test?!! Positive 4 months ago
and still racing. What is to dispute? Is there anyway this could
reasonably be a false positive? At Superweek he was flying and in
hindsight taking $ out of clean riders pockets. What message does this
send? I for one think the USCF should get its head out of the sand and
start testing at as many NRC races as possible.

What's the timetable for a doping test/ban?

How long does it take to get the results back, and after that, how long does
it take to make the announcement, etc...