Old October 21st 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Default Q: Shimano cantilever straddle cable length?

On Oct 18, 7:41*am, somebody wrote:
I'm thinking of using some Shimano BR-550's on a road bike with Alex
DM-18 rims. *I can pick one of several fixed straddle cables. *Which
one?

Is it related to rim width, where we want length that produces a
specific angle based on brake model? *Does that mean the geometry
won't be quite right when switching to another rim? *I checked the
Sheldon stuff but don't have enough experience to pick the right one.

Thanks!

Adjustment:http://www.sheldonbrown.com/canti-trad.html#yoke

The brakes:http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/c...ers/index.html

Use one of these and give the one piece things the heave-ho.

http://www.bikeman.com/Cyclocross_St..._Carriers.html