Old September 17th 20, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default DT Swiss 460 rims

On 9/16/2020 6:55 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/16/2020 5:56 PM, AMuzi wrote:

Since wheelbuilding has become a rare arcane art (and a
complete mystery to most modern LBS) spoke distribution is
abysmal. This has been a trend for years and it's getting,
as you note, worse. Moreover with declining volume and
expanded selection (double inventory with normal spokes
and black tinted spokes, double again for aero shape, etc.
Even nipples come in useful and then black, aluminum, star
shape, on to ridiculous variety) prices here have become
unbelievable. Unbelievable in that I can't imagine paying
these rates, especially for orders received missing 25% of
the ordered lengths. A relatively boring commodity has
become a pricey scavenger hunt. We gave up and import
spokes directly, which is a lot of money tied up in
inventory. The alternate, with unreliable supply, is lost
customers.

Does that mean we can buy spokes from you?

Quoting the quotable Robert Hinz, "No less than one."

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/