Old June 10th 04, 09:44 AM
Cat Dailey

Default Cleat Spacing UPDATE

"Dan Daniel" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:53:42 -0400, "Cat Dailey"
wrote:

I think I have about another 3mm to spare yet. Now the question is, do

move them even further together? (I think Lennard would say yes).

Perhaps
I will wait a week or so before I experiment again.

Cat

But.. but... no references??? No solid physiological reason backed by
research??? Oh my... see how low we have dragged you!!

Glad you found an informed, if unsubstantiated, answer that has solved
the knee problem. When I have found a position that solves a problem
like yours, I pay attention and stick with it for a while. If
everything feels good after a few days or more, I tend to forget I
even had the problem so I stop worrying. But I am not riding with the
same intensity as you. If I was, I would probably end up moving the
cleat outwards after a week of adjustment just out of curiosity.

Actually, I will probably buy his book to find out the reasons why he makes
this recommendation, so hopefully it will be more substantiated then. And I
think I am going to do exactly as you suggested....wait a week and then go
slightly farther and see how it feels.

Thanks all,
Cat and I don't get to ride centuries every day; but I do have off on
Wednesdays and Saturdays, so...what the heck? The hub was off in
Mississippi so I had no one to rush home to ;