Old January 14th 17, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default What protocol does Shimano di2 uses

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 11:29:58 PM UTC, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 5:21:16 AM UTC-8, ixiz wrote:
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 12:05:34 AM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 8:42:04 PM UTC-8, ixiz wrote:
Where can I find more information of what protocol Shimano di2 uses to change gears I would like to add an additional switch so I can change gears at the different hand position

bluetooth

I dont think so - its not wireless

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/sh...-wireless-unit

According to the blurb at that link, the Bluetooth permits the derailleur to send information like cadence to the head unit. It says nothing about two-way communication, such as sending commands wirelessly to the derailleur. What the OP wants to do is to send commands to the derailleur.

Andre Jute
Electronic chatter is not necessarily a symptom of intelligence