Old December 7th 03, 05:00 PM
Peter B

Default Which side of a path?

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message
Is there any convention on which side of a path or track to ride on when
facing oncoming cyclists? Round here people seem to ride on the right
as much as the left - annoying. There are lots of cycle tracks and
dual-use pavements with regular opportunity for collision.

Well if everyone stuck to the well known convention of staying to the left
except when overtaking 1 I think things would run more smoothly and
safely.
When our daughter was small we used to shout "keep left" to her but it was
really aimed at the dolts coming the other way.
1 Except when riding technical off-road trails when consideration for what
the on-coming rider is doing comes into it.

Pete