Old May 28th 19, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Bottle holder

On Tue, 28 May 2019 00:28:15 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 5/27/2019 9:10 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Sun, 26 May 2019 09:58:04 +0700, John B.
wrote:

A correlation might be "do it the simple way and you won't get hurt".
Just stick the damned bottle in your pocket :-)

All five of my pockets are fully occupied with vital stuff. And I
have two bottle cages. Sometimes I have to keep a third bottle in a
pannier, because water sources keep vanishing.

Remember to bring a faucet key. It expands the number of available water
sources
https://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/046224/046224206200.jpg.

Obviously, you're not into urban post apocalypse survival hardware.
Any minimally competent urban survivalist would know that there are
several styles and sizes of such keys. Even the local homeless carry
them. What you should be recommending is a Sillcock key:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=4+way+sillcock+key
http://letstalksurvival.com/sillcock-keys-and-other-cross-keys-what-are-they-for/
For the very best, I suggest a 10 way version:
https://www.amazon.com/CAIDU-Multifunctional-Universal-Control-Wrenches/dp/B071YKX8HN
Unfortunately, few such keys offer the common garden spigot handles in
12 and 16pt, which needs to be purchased separately:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-16-pt-Round-Valve-Wheel-Handle-80417/203675124
https://www.amazon.com/LASCO-01-5097-Outside-Faucet-Handle/dp/B001XWFIO2
--
Jeff Liebermann