Old April 19th 05, 04:29 PM
mark

"Dave Smith" wrote...
I just got a Yakima roof rack with Copperhead carriers. It installed
very nicely and is great for my mountain bikes, but it has no adapter
to hold down the rear tire on a road bike. I called the dealer and he
said that Yakima just doesn't supply such a thing.

My Yakima bike carrier (ca 1991, don't recall the model name) came with a
little plastic spacer thingie that slid onto the cinch strap and took up the
free play between a road bike wheel and the cinch strap. I find it very hard
to believe that Yakima no longer supplies this item. I suggest you contact
Yakima directly and/or find another dealer.
--
mark