Old April 20th 05, 12:38 AM
Dave

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:29:41 GMT, "mark" wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote...
I just got a Yakima roof rack with Copperhead carriers. It installed
very nicely and is great for my mountain bikes, but it has no adapter
to hold down the rear tire on a road bike. I called the dealer and he
said that Yakima just doesn't supply such a thing.

My Yakima bike carrier (ca 1991, don't recall the model name) came with a
little plastic spacer thingie that slid onto the cinch strap and took up the
free play between a road bike wheel and the cinch strap. I find it very hard
to believe that Yakima no longer supplies this item. I suggest you contact
Yakima directly and/or find another dealer.

Yep. I think it's really weird too, but I did contact several dealers
in my (San Diego) area and they all say that Yakima no longer supplies
the adapter. I'm surprised that there haven't been more knowledgable
posts on this as I thought Yakima racks were pretty popular and others
would have run into this.